One of the most commonly asked questions of florists is "How do I make my bouquet/arrangement last longer?"
Here are some tips that will help to extend the life of your flower arrangement.
- If you are buying a wrapped bouquet take it straight home and don't leave it in the car for an extended period. It's going without water and can wilt quickly.
- Snip ALL of the stems about a quarter of an inch and at an angle, you can use a pair of scissors. The angle is to prevent the stems from lying flat on the bottom of your vessel, which makes it harder for them to drink.
- Always place fresh flowers in a very clean vessel.
- Always use cold water when watering your flowers and keep the water level at least three inches from the bottom of your vase.
- Change out the water every two days and give your stems another snip, clean the vessel if you can, the cleaner the better.
- As the week progresses remove any drooping flowers.
- There is really no need to add additives or flower food as many websites suggest, clean, cold water and a nice clean vessel are best, and don't forget to snip the stems every few days so they can continue to drink.
Each arrangement from Bloomstall comes with an enclosed care card. SHOP for fresh flowers for delivery or pickup.
Share this post
- Tags: cut flowers, flower arrangement, flower care, fresh flower care, fresh flowers, keeping flowers alive, keeping flowers fresh